Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Bitch, Don't Interrupt Me

I work on the VA campus, so you can imagine the hoops we have to jump through if we want to order drugs. Don't get me started on isopropyl...Anyways, a huge issued came up today and I called an emergency meeting to resolve it. Once all of us were there, T-Rex starts spewing some random shit about her portion of the project. I was livid and call her out on hijacking my meeting. Her response? "I'm not finished yet. You interrupted me."

The thing that really got to me is that she assumed she knew what I wanted to discuss because she has had ten years of experience and knows everything. It's not just today, it's been almost everyday day for the past two years since I've been here. She has refused to listen to my feedback, put me down, ridiculed me, intentionally withheld information from me, and so on. I guess that's what happens when you're on the bottom of the totem pole, but why do I get the worst of it from other women?

No comments:

Post a Comment